Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Pimple Free School Photos.

You need to go check out this: Traditional School Portraits with a Twist.
After two photographers,Samantha Harvey and Anna Brooks were told by the head teacher that they could only photograph one child and only the back of that child's head, they responded with Class Portraits.
Although I don't have any of the photos to show you (because I don't have permission but you can find them by clicking any link in this post) I like what they have done because A. I am getting my teacher's certification, B. I love photography, and C. it makes me smile and ponder.
"The ethical issues and paranoia surrounding the laws of photographing children in today’s society are confusing and – some would say – farcical,” says Brooks in a statement. We hope people will be amused by the pictures,” adds Harvey. But we also wanted to challenge people and ask at what point will the photography of children be completely forbidden?"British Journal of Photography

Now go look!

(via Peta Pixel and British Journal of Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment